In the summer of 1959, O'Byrne was approached by The National Film Board of Canada asking to borrow his hot rod for a movie shoot they were doing in London. The Canadian Department of Defense had commissioned The National Film Board of Canada to produce a recruiting movie. The hot rod scene, which was filmed on the street just outside the Wolseley Barracks in London is very short but effective, showing the car, the motor, and the sound of the exhaust. O'Byrne got his car back at the end of the day with a promise that he would receive a copy of the film (though he never did).

One summer day a fellow named Pete Clark from London drove up to the Dorchester Ford dealership looking for O'Byrne and the roadster. Clark had seen the car driving around London and he wondered if it was for sale. Clark was driving a 1955 Ford two-door post car and he was willing to make an even trade for the roadster. O'Byrne had no intention of selling his hot rod, but it was a deal he could not turn down. Clark only kept the roadster for only a few weeks as another London car guy named Ross Moore made an offer to purchase the car and the deal was done.

Moore enjoyed driving the roadster for both pleasure and for work. He was employed with the local radio station, CFPL in London, and driving the car to work on rainy days proved to be not a good idea. This was a great summer car but as fall was approaching Moore needed something he could drive in all kinds of weather. Moore headed back to see O'Byrne at the Ford dealership in Dorchester. That day O'Byrne was working on an Austin Healey and Moore thought that car would suit him much better than the roadster. Again, another even trade was made. Moore drove home in his Austin Healey and O'Byrne had his hot rod back again.

Bob McGregor had seen the roadster and would visit O'Byrne every week to see if he would sell him the car and finally O'Byrne gave in, and the roadsterand new owner moved to Petrolia. McGregor's brother had a 1932 Ford pickup and they cruised together often, but McGregor soon tired of the car and offered it to a sports team to raffle off. The winner was a lady who had no interest in owning a hot rod and decided to take the cash instead, so the car was sold to Alf Kettle and Sid Byrd of Sarnia. Kettle and Byrd owned a car lot and put the car up for sale right away.

John Willoughby of London was the next owner. Willoughby installed a set of aluminum wheels from Wells Foundry in London, which were very similar to big-window Halibrands. Willoughby entered the car in shows in Toronto, London, Chatham, and Detroit as well as drag racing it at Grand Bend (where he ran a 15.14) and at the Nationals in Indianapolis.

Willoughby says of his time with the car, "I first saw this ‘hot rod' when it was being raffled off. I know I bought tickets hoping to win it, but that did not happen. I never got this car out of my mind. It was just like the hot rods in California we would see in the movies. I knew I had to have this car.

"In 1963 I got word that the car was in Sarnia and it was for sale. We made the deal and I brought the car back to London. It was perfect. It needed nothing; turn the key and go.

"The 1960s were the best of times and it was all about cars. A bunch of us guys had an unofficial car club called The Pacemakers and our shop was on Talbot Street in London. Everybody there just built, drove, drag-raced, and talked cars. This 1932 Deuce was right at home in our shop. I was in my early twenties and dated my future wife (of 43 years!) when I had this car. We hit all the local drive-in restaurants in London, including the Three Little Pigs and the A&W. By this time the new dragstrip at St. Thomas (Sparta) was up and running as well as Grand Bend. Many summer weekends during 1963, 1964, and 1965 were spent cruising Grand Bend and Ipperwash Beach in this little green 1932 hot rod. It attracted at lot of attention anywhere it went. On Sundays we were at the dragstrip. I did race the car in B/SR class with a limited amount of success.