He sold the car to Don Roe of Taylor, Michigan, in 1993 or 1994 and then it went to Jim Bachusz in Holly, Michigan, around October 1998.

Bachusz had a few hot rods and decided to downsize so Waterford, Michigan's Roy Breault bought it and painted it black with flames as well as went through the brakes and steering.

Richard Cottell became ill in 2008 and wondered where his old hot rod was, so John Fletcher and Mike Lowden decided to try to find the car, tracing it as far as Roy Klann, but were unable to find him, so the hunt came to an end (sadly Cottell died before the car was rediscovered).

Approximately a year after his death, Lowden received an email from Jim Prowse who had towed the car to Indy many years ago and said his friend, John Willoughby (who had been the seventh owner of this car), was also looking for it. He wanted to find it and buy it back if possible and Prowse knew the car had been in the Windsor area. At this point Fletcher, Willoughby, and Lowden teamed up to locate it. By searching the Internet, visiting many hot rod forums, and by word of mouth, the car was found. Plus, the timing was perfect, as Breault was thinking about selling it because his two custom Mercurys were taking up plenty of his time. Willoughby called Breault, visited him and his old car, and was able to buy it back after selling it 47 years earlier!

The T-bird Deuce was again unveiled in Canada at Steve Plunkett's Fleetwood Country Cruize-In show in June of 2011. Some of the previous owners are in poor health and some have died, but 11 owners (or their family members) were able to attend the reunion and see the car. Built as a hot rod in 1955, it is now 58 years old and has had 24 owners, all of which have been identified. Each one enjoyed the car and added their personal touch, but each respected what the others had done and the car remains today very close to the way Michael O'Byrne built it so many years ago.

And though the recruiting film that was made back in 1959 for the Canadian Department of Defense was never delivered to the car's owner at the time, a copy of the film was located, converted from 16mm to DVD, and is part of Willoughby's memorabilia collection on his roadster.