ArtHatch Gallery is an art gallery and studio complex on Grand Avenue in Escondido that provides a venue for young artists to work and exhibit their works. For the last two years, they have held an automotive-themed art exhibit and have asked Hot Rods & Custom Stuff to help out. We were tasked to collect cars to put on display on Grand Avenue in front of the gallery that would both reflect the theme of the art exhibit and draw folks attending the regular Cruisin' Grand activities over to the gallery.
We think we accomplished our mission with about twenty-five cars ranging from our own Mercedes-Bent to '32 Fords. A couple of the Escondido new car dealers brought out their latest factory hot rods and we bookended them with our offerings. It made for an impressive display on a warm, summer Escondido evening.
We took lots of pictures, and you can view them by clicking on the Immortalized poster below. This will take you to our Hot Rods & Custom Stuff's Latest Stuff article. From there you can click to get to all of the photos and you can bid to own any of the artworks that are in the Immortalized exhibit.
We especially want to thank the folks who brought out their cars to make this a truly unique event:
(in no particular order)
* Bob Marek: 1967 Mustang road racer
* Jeff Sachs: 1967 "Eleanor" GT500 Mustang
* George Lorence (Heller Ford): 2013 Shelby GT500 Mustang
* Bob Latiano (Mercedes-Benz of Escondido): 2013 M-B SL63 AMG Roadster
* Richard Mott: 1961 Mercedes-Bent 190SL/600SL Roadster
* Hanna House: 1961 M-B 190SL Roadster (stock)
* Bob Latiano (Mercedes-Benz of Escondido): 2012 SLS AMG Coupe
* Jim "Jake" Jacobs: 1929 Ford Model A Panel Truck
* Randy Clark: 1941 Ford Pickup
* George Lorence (Heller Ford): 2012 Ford Raptor Pickup
* Mike Bamber: 1932 Ford Roadster
* Randy Clark: 1932 Ford Roadster
* Lindsey Chavers: 1932 Ford Roadster
* Ron Johnson: "The Chizler" 1960's Front Engined Dragster
* Don & Claire Montgomery: 1941 Willys Coupe "Ol' Rockerhead"
* Rick Billuni: Blown 1941 Willys Coupe
* Roger & Marie O'Dell: 1936 Ford Roadster
* Jeff DeHotrod: 1936 Ford Tudor Slantback
* Jerry Woods: 1953 Glasspar Roadster
* Larry Henderson: 1951 Henry J
* Steve Berroth: 1970 Plymouth Superbird
* Jim Wangers: 1969 Pontiac GTO
* Hugh Canning: 2006 Pontiac GTO
* Mark of Escondido Police Department: 1968 Ford Police Cruiser
* Escondido Police Department: 2012 Ford Crown Victoria Police Cruiser
We had a great time at Immortalized and hope that you enjoy our coverage.