To celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Chevrolet Corvette "America's Sports Car", the Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting two days of entertaining events and educational exhibits. On March 1&2, 2013, the Petersen will be filled with fabulous Corvette race cars, historic concept cars and rare production models, along with experts and icons from Corvette's sixty year history.
Event highlights include:
* Corvette 60th Anniversary Gala- Enjoy an evening you will never forget with cocktails, dinner, memorabilia auction, and panel discussion with some of the biggest names in Corvette history who will share their unique perspectives on the impact this special car has made by answering the question, "What does the Corvette mean to you?"
* Corvette Day Car Show- See 500 Corvettes of all years in the Petersen parking structure from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Registered participants will receive a limited edition commemorative medallion made especially for this event courtesy of Mid America Motorworks.
* Corvette Values Seminar-What's your Corvette worth in today's market, and how will it perform as an investment in the future?
* Corvette Racing Panel Discussion- Several legendary figures from Corvette racing history will talk about the car's illustrious racing heritage.
* Corvette Restoration Seminar- Learn restoration tips and techniques from the pros.
An exhibit inside the museum will feature the rarest and finest examples from each generation of Corvette including the very first Corvette "EX-122".
"When the Corvette was first introduced as a concept, the public went wild for its beautiful curves and the carefree lifestyle that it represented. That enthusiasm hasn't waned. Sixty years later, it is stronger than ever," said Leslie Kendall, Chief Curator of the Petersen Automotive Museum.
Corvette Day sponsors include: Mid America Motorworks, Hagerty Classic Car Insurance, Corvette Mike, Intercity Lines, Inc. and Fender Guitar. Two very special Corvettes will come from Mid America Motorworks for the display -CERV I and the 1964 New York World's Fair car. "Mid America Motorworks' relationship with the Petersen Museum goes back many years. We're thrilled to have this opportunity to work with the Petersen and the Corvette community of Greater California for Corvette's 60th Anniversary. There's no better place to celebrate America's Sports Car," said Mike Yager, founder and Chief Cheerleader of Mid America Motorworks.
Several Corvette prototypes and race cars will be on display including:
* 1953 EX-122
* 1959 Corvette Italia by Scaglietti
* 1960 CERV I
* 1964 "World's Fair" Corvette
* 1963 Grand Sport
* 1969 "Sundowner" Bonneville racer
And many more!