Reconstructed vehicle: any vehicle that:
(i) Is of a type required to be registered under this title; and
(ii) Has been materially altered from its original construction by the removal, addition, alteration, or substitution of essential parts.
Specially constructed vehicle: any vehicle that:
(i) Is of a type required to be registered under this title;
(ii) Was not originally constructed under a distinctive name, make, model, or type by a generally recognized manufacturer of vehicles; and
(iii) Has not been materially altered from its original construction (including kit cars and replicas of previously manufactured vehicles.)
Historic motor vehicle: a motor vehicle, including a passenger vehicle, motorcycle, or truck, that:
(1) Is 20 years old or older;
(2) Has not been substantially altered from the manufacturer's original design; and
(3) Meets criteria contained in rules and regulations issued by the Administration.
Street rod: a motor vehicle that:
(1) Is 25 years old or older; and
(2) Has been substantially altered from the manufacturer's original design.
Maryland Antiques: SAN-supported legislation to provide for a one-time registration fee of $50 for vehicles at least 60 years old was signed into law. Under the measure, the one-time registration is not transferable to a subsequent owner.