After our great day in Connecticut it was time to move on Wednesday morning. Rolling across the state we reached the Taconic Sate Parkway just across the New York State line. This unique road is limited to car traffic only. With no semi-trucks to contend with it was smooth sailing up to the Reinbeck area. Our destination was the Old Reinbeck Aerodrome in Red Hook. This amazing collection of very early airplanes and related item was originally begun by Cole Palen back in 1951. Since Mr. Palen's passing a number of years ago it has been managed by a non-profit trust. On weekends in the summer the skies around the Aerodrome are the sight of dog-fights that recreate the battles of World War One. During the week the buildings are open to the public for a nominal admission fee. It was a very interesting look at the history of those early days of flight.

After our visit at the Old Reinbeck Aerodrome it was about an hour drive to the Bethel Woods Center for the Arts. While it is now the home to major concerts each summer, it is best known as the site of the Woodstock Music Festival in 1969. We drove to the bottom of the festival site hill for a look. It was fun for me to relate my experiences on that hill 45 years ago as an 18 year old child of the 60's. The museum tells the story of that era and shows in detail the story of the weekend in August of 1969 when so many people attended the most famous rock concert in history.

From Bethel Woods we drove to the city of Port Jervis, New York. We had again been invited to a special cruise night arranged by the Cruisin' Port folks headed up by Harold Butler and family. We have attended these weekly cruises a number of times and it is always fun to take part in the festivities as special interest vehicles line the main street of Port Jervis. The predicted rains stayed away and it was a fun evening with folks who share our passion for hot rods and custom cars.

Thursday morning we took some time to take pictures for the AMSOIL/Street Rodder Road Tour gallery when each driver and passenger posses with their vehicles. We then headed south through the Delaware Water Gap. We had been invited by the Hi-Winders Car Club to stop by Bangor, Pa. and spend some time on our way with local club members and car enthusiasts. Everyone in the Hi-Winders was appreciative of the fact that we stopped by to say hello. They presented us with a Hi-Winders Club Plaque that was signed by the members. We were then treated to ice cream at the shop attached to the club house area. It was a fun visit and another showed that the car club spirit is still alive and well in many parts of the country.

After our visit in Bangor we arrived in Pottstown, Pa. midafternoon. We had time to clean up our cars and get ready for the evening cruise in Elverson, Pa. at the Sonic Restaurant. We have stopped at the Thursday night cruise before and with great weather it was another large turnout. Everyone was talking about the Eastwood Summer Classic that was taking place on Saturday. It sounds like is going to be a big show at Eastwood. Tomorrow we visit Blast from the Past Hot Rods in Pottstown, The Shady Maple Amish Smorgasbord, the AACA Museum in Hershey and then get a personal tour of the Eastwood facilities. It has been a jamb packed week on the Eastwood Summer Classic Road Tour and it is all coming to a head on Saturday.